CAREER CHOICES-LANDING YOUR DREAM JOB
The youth of the country are always in a rush to find better career choices or opportunities in their respective fields by which they always find enough chances of growth and salary increment periodically.
So, career choices are proven out to be a very difficult decision for any youngsters who is planning for their bright future in any stream or field.
CAREER CHOICES FOR YOUTHS
- Those students who have reached the last lap of formal education, it is time for them to make a definite career option for them.
- Everybody should know about their area of interests, talents and skills and those students who have these qualities, they are looking forward to making their career choices according to their goal.
- Everybody wants a career in which they get the handsome salary, learning skills and opportunities of growth periodically.
- At every interval of time in your career struggle, you will face the problem of making a decision on relevant career choices and make your way on the track continuously.
- So here we will go to discuss some very important factors which will help you to make all your decisions on career choices in a different phase of your struggle.
- A fine understanding of your academic performance including specific skills is very important in all your career choices.
- It helps an individual decide whether a particular field is suitable to their qualification and qualities.
- Skills in the sense one should be comfortable with good communication, creativity, logical thinking to achieve something better in their career.
- In this highly competitive world, most of the students still not able to work beyond the bookish knowledge.
- They do not want to go through some internship level practical experience before making their career choices.
- Internships help in getting practical experience which all the multinational companies prefer and also recruit such students quite easily on the basis of their relevant internships.
Skills & Aptitude in making career choices
- Skills and Aptitude are two most important factors through which student make their career choices irrespective of their academic performances.
- In this technological world, all the top most multinational companies demand those employers having some specialized skill sets. All this require only one factor that is curiosity and interests.
As Einstein says: “I have no special talents, I am only passionately curious.”
- The trend of education nowadays depends on the theoretical education rather than practical experience besides the fact that theoretical education is only memory based and the top MNC’s today do not want geniuses but practical men, employers who have some hand on skills of any relevant field.
- However, skills comprise both hard skills and soft skill like Good communication skills, personality development, management and behavioral skills.
Creative and Calm thought process
- Your thought process for making any career choices should be creative and working approach should be out of the box which is only be achieved by overcoming from your comfort zones.
- It empowers you to to do something new each day and shortens your path towards real success.
Research on Career choices
- Background research and relevant preparation is must required before making any career choices.
- There are many sources around you by which you can do preparation and research on a particular field like Newspaper Job openings articles which has enough career growth, the Internet, Government Job opening alerts, private career counseling etc.
Resume and Cover Letter
- A Resume is a document which shows your educational qualification and Experience.
- This also includes your career objective, extracurricular activities, projects, personal information awards and references
In the selection process, most of the MNC’s use Aptitude tests online to filter out unsuitable applicants and select a disserving candidate.
Group Discussion and Interview
- Group Discussions is the next stage after gone through an Aptitude test.
- Here recruiter judges a candidate on the basis of its unique viewpoints, openness to different opinions and your group dynamics.
- Topics in the GD are related current affairs. Your body language and presentation quality will take you a lo0ng way in getting selected for any interview.
A new technology is nowadays Is in the trend for the recruiters to appoint any candidate. Online application is scanned using an algorithm traits and skill sets.
Recruitment on social networks
- Social media playing a very important role in the recruitment of best candidates as digital platforms are highly active nowadays with the advancement of technology.
- Making and uploading your resume and showcasing about your qualification and abilities on social media becomes the latest way of selecting any candidate by only monitoring these documents online by the top recruiters sitting way far from them and selects top employers by only notifying them by sending call letter in the form of the newsletter through e-mail.
Some tips for making career choices
- A person should be open minded and adaptable to every changing scenario in the world of business and competition.
- A person should be active on Social media and get career.
- Counseling from various sources available on the internet.
- Enhance qualities like leadership, emotional intelligence and creativity are to be cultivated separately.
- Digital literacy and right mindset are required for making right career choices for any individual.